Mixbury lies in the north-east corner of Oxfordshire, near Brackley.
Most of the houses in the village were built in the 1880s to house people working on the expansion of the railways in the area.
All Saints Church dates from the 12th century and is a Grade II* Listed Building. Although the south doorway has been restored, it is largely Romanesque, with multiple chevron and scallop capitals.
Mixbury Rectory, also a Listed Building, was built by Rev. William Jocelyn Palmer on the site of the old rectory in c1806. It was the birthplace of Roundell Palmer, the 1st Earl of Selborne, in 1812. Under Gladstone, Roundell Palmer became Lord Chancellor in 1872 and saw the passage of the Judicature Act of 1873, which reorganised the English court system to establish the High Court and the Court of Appeal, The 4th Earl of Selborne is one of the 90 elected hereditary peers that remain in the House of Lords.